Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Sunday, 3 September 2017

To South Uist...and home again

if you've been on your own Hebridean adventure...this will be familiar territory to you, if you haven't then drool and imagine...and then book your own trip soonest! 

If you love crossing the sea on a ferry with your car stowed below, with nothing to do for perhaps several hours but look at the appearing and disappearing islands and the endless sea and seabirds, if your heart is in simplicity and empty spaces and a quietness you just can't imagine...this is for you. Heaven indeed...stunning white beaches and turquoise to indigo seas, rocks, seaweed, shells, sea treasures and rust and wild stormy weather and fresh fresh air...and sunshine.. a place where the washing you hang out blows mainly horizontal...if it stays on the line at all!

a prefect place for a family holiday, freedom to roam, lots for me to draw and photgraph, lots of birdwatching for my daughter...and the chance to learn to drive on tiny single track roads with only a sea loch to worry about driving into as there are few cars and you rarely see other people...

I was tempted into The Hebridean Woolshed (several purchases were made!) and a drive up through North Uist on our last day yielded even more delights as not only did we revisit the island we spent our honeymoon on...but I found Uist Wool and a lovely ceramics studio, Shoreline Studio both inspiring and so welcoming...

enjoy this little journey...















back across the sea to Skye (only 11/2 hours sea journey compared to 31/2 on the way out but we end up much further north)...and the long drive home awaited...

I am home inspired...and now my studio is all beautiful ready for C-art Festival and Open Studios so I may not be here for a little while

I would love to see you in my studio if you are visiting the three of us...



otherwise I will return after it's all over and I've had a lie down!

enjoy the last of summeryness as we head into September...

2 comments:

  1. thank you Irene, that's kind of you, it is such a beautiful place!x

    ReplyDelete