Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 18 February 2017

Leith School of Art revisited...

although it was summer of 2014(!) when I went there, my brief 5 days at Leith School of Art in Edinburgh doing a sketchbook summer school has remained with me. My current obsession with paper, print and stitch may well have been born there! A week spent in those hallowed and messy art rooms, with kindred spirit students and inspiring tutors was unforgettable. I thought you might like a re-visit with me...

It was an intense week, living in the most amazing city during the Festival was exiting, and walking the streets every day was an inspiration in itself. Add in art school, with free rein to experience and explore so much. It fired my desire to get back to my art roots and continue to develop myself as an artist. I would love to go back to college, maybe do a masters, but in the meantime I take every opportunity to learn and grow in my practice.

Here I am with my trusty camera, photographing everything from the plumbing pipes, floorboards to signs and painty sinks...










My treat this week was the purchase of The Mixed Media Artist by Seth Apter, showcasing 40 mixed media artists and their practice and inspiration. Great images, lots to read, look at and absorb...

I am still very much a textile artist but my work is evolving! Working in sketchbooks moved from being something scary to something I love thanks to a week in Leith!



have a peaceful and creative weekend...

Emmax

 

2 comments: