Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

letting go...to see what happens

don't we all love it when we get fresh new ideas...and sometimes a different way of doing the same thing is as good as something brand new...


as you will know from following my word ramblings on this blog, I take a walk along the road most days, to enjoy fresh air and a change of scene, going one direction or another, and I always seem to see new or different things...and I love to photograph what I see as it gives me a focus and it feeds my creativity...directly or indirectly, it's all part of my creative soul...



on my recent rambles I have discovered a fresh approach with my photographs which is very much in keeping with my new approach to life...let go and see what happens! I've been playing with focusing in close and then letting the camera and my view through it wander around the hedgerow till something appears, some composition or detail that pleases my eye, then I click and capture it. SO easy!


It's really good fun and takes away the 'stress' if you like of deliberately trying to focus in on a particular thing. By allowing...the result is much more free and spontaneous and pleasing. mmm rather like life really...when I let go of trying to control, manage or fix things, the Universe shows up with something that surprises and delights me...something I couldn't possibly have thought of in 100 years!

 
I love the backgrounds and the soft and out of focus bits as well as the captured detail. It works especially well against the light too.



I love this one especially for the tiny glimpses and the soft focus of the foreground...




 
I'm trying to get back into a creative zone in my studio too, in a relaxed-letting-go-fashion, playing and seeing what shows up...


I could play with scraps of fabrics for hours...and often just play with photographing them too to see what they look like!


this piece was inspired by one of my lovely shells which I just picked up for inspiration...


I love how my embellisher allows me to play with textures and mingles fabrics so beautifully ready for stitching...


So will you join me in some letting go? What will you allow in by being at ease rather than trying to control? Why not just relax and see what comes your way this week! That's my intention...and I'll let you know how it goes...



Emmaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment