Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 2 July 2016

Woolfest goodies...

oh my, all best laid intentions come to naught as I wander for the 7th time around all the stalls of woolly deliciousness...surrounded by tribes of fabulous women getting their fibre fix!


best of intentions that is of not really needing to buy anything but of course I came home with a few little treasures and a head full of yarny goodness...and colour and texture and design and all manner of arty and craftyness

too many lovely textile delights to mention...and it's best experienced first hand but I'll give you a tiny flavour here...

beautiful Donegal tweed on the Fabric Affair stall...


scrumptious vintage linen threads from Linladan







beautiful creations from Wendy Ann Stanger, incorporating flowers, fleece and stitch, so original...



hands on demos whet your appetite to get creative...


I picked up a gorgeous small wooden chest of drawers from Eliza Conway...every year I add to my 'Eliza' collection, fabrics and vintage treasures...

here's my inspiring postcard from Hume Sweet Hume who make delicious knitted clothes and accessories on Orkney, linen thread and yarn from Namolio and Linladan, scrummy dyed blankets from Eliza...



back home with tired feet and a glow of happy inspiration, huge thanks to the magnificant WoolClip Women who organise and run this wonderful event!


in the garden, veg patch and hedgerows, rain and sun and the surging energy of summer have created abundance and beauty...


in my studio the 100 day project has continued to inspire me, mark making has led to some stitching which is of course my delight and joy...



maybe this will inspire you to visit Woolfest next year, or a yarn, felt, fleece, textile feast near you!

enjoy a creative weekend...

Emmaxx















4 comments:

  1. Woolfest looks fantastic. Wish I was able to go. Those fleece and flower pieces look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all inspiring, I could spend a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful images Emma, the toed fabric bundles in particular had me drooling! Thank you so much for visiting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Karen, it's always a pleasure to show off nice things...and to visit your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete