Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Sunday, 12 June 2016

keeping cool...

suddenly summer has magically appeared from out of the cold spring...frantic searching in dark wardrobes for shorts and flimsy clothing to wear on hot, hot days...

not typically Cumbria but very welcome all the same, free to wear not much more than bare skin and lie in grass and smell all those delicious scents of flowers and earth...


the seemingly endless light filled days, eating outdoors, a sense of expansion and freedom as we breathe in the newness of daily changes in the garden...a reluctance to go indoors and go to bed, it seems a waste to sleep through these heavenly days...

and everywhere fresh lush green growth and intertwining of plants, leaves and flowers perfectly arranged and juxtaposed by M Nature

simple summer pleasures...planting out seedlings just to watch them grow swiftly and transform into edible delights! the delight of harvesting what we grow...picking and eating as we pass by the veg beds...

abundance everywhere!

a trip to nearby Caldbeck, many times I have posted about this lovely place...and I always see a different view or aspect, and always feel the magic as I leave the main road and head off to the Caldbeck fells...a little taste of wildness, even in high summer. I love to meet my dear friend here, this time for lunch and a sit under green shade by the river to talk and talk as only long time  friends can do of life and art and poetry...she writes and paints and is a creative soul too 

 






 


and back at home one of my favourite plants is the guelder rose, heavenly blossom just now then delightful luminous red berries in autumn....


and meanwhile I've been keeping up with my 100day project of mark making to keep my creativity afloat and play with new ways , challenge myself to be braver with media and method...






I am pleased with these last few drawings as the printed acrylic backgrounds freed me up to be a bit wilder and more experimental, drawing and making marks with black felt tip pen, silver marker and then using a brush and water to smudge and play with the surface marks...I have surprised myself!

There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about. Helen Frankenthaler

so now the week begins again, who knows what wonderful things await me...

how does it get any better than this? 

have a fabulous week...and stay creative...whether it's making delicious meals, playing in the garden, choosing what to wear or deciding how you want to live...


Emmaxx

 
There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about. Helen Frankenthaler
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/helenfrank293201.html
There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about. Helen Frankenthaler
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/helenfrank293201.html

No comments:

Post a Comment