Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 9 April 2016

colour printing and playing...

there's something in the air...light bright sunshiney days, still cold, but there's real warmth in the sun now, breakfast outside which I love to do whenever I can just well wrapped up...

and there's a sense of everything opening out and it's time to take pleasure in being outdoors...in a word JOY! Colour and more colour as spring takes us for a ride into new possibilities...



top cat Basil likes nothing better than snoozing in the sun...or coming up real close to help you take photos, like with his nose on your hand as you try and focus in...
 

and in my studio I've been following the wonderful advice of artist Nicholas Wilton...to just SHOW UP! check his website out it's full of wonderful videos and helpful stuff for artists of all kinds...he basically says it doesn't matter what you do when you're in there just GET IN THERE and the rest will follow...

 


and I love that advice, it takes all the pressure off to 'perform' or to create a 'something', especially something with a view to selling which just make even more pressure...so I've been going in and playing, this week I took an old sketchbook which I had played in previously with paint and water soluble pencil...and started to add stitch and one thing led to another and I got printing and playing and stitching and some more...

and the colour started popping too...







no idea where it's going...and that's just fine because having fun and playing and following my passion is what it's all about...the rest will follow!

wishing you as much fun (and sun) as I've been having!

Emmaxx




















3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Emma and great advice..it's hard sometimes to have time to create for the fun of it...without pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Emma and great advice..it's hard sometimes to have time to create for the fun of it...without pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your feedback, great to know there are kindred spirits out there, I do think we just get started then the rest flows...

    ReplyDelete