Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Monday, 25 April 2016

100days...of creativity

how does it get any better than that? The 100dayproject is a genius idea, a wonderful invitation to simply focus for a while on something creative...and in my book that can be most anything...creating art, music, poetry or creating your life...

cooking, gardening, choosing clothes to wear, arranging your home, having fun, meeting a friend for lunch, maybe just taking a walk outdoors and looking at the beauty around us, noticing the details and the smallest of delights...

tiny stamens and the delicacy of petals....


one last berry alongside the new blossom buds

 
100 days of mark making is what I chose to do, something potentially quick to do daily so that it feels easy to accomplish...

and it is working a treat to get me physically into the studio and moves my mind into a creative place and then the space opens up inside me as the process takes over...

as there is no outcome expected, I just show up and choose an object and start to play...and it doesn't stop there as I find myself doing just one more page in another sketchbook or trying something new...

I chose to use a lovely book handmade by a friend and I've even customised the cover and I'm experimenting with lots of different ways to make marks inspired by the chosen object or theme

















the object



the plate (a sheet of glass)




the print





so what would you choose to do for 100 days? how would you like to create something in your life just for fun? what would you choose to focus on which brings you pleasure?

it is a joy to know there are so many other people out there joining in with the project, so it is one massive wave of happiness and creativity, a creation in its own right!

so if you feel like it why not join in, in whatever way you choose
check it out online or Instagram...or just enjoy the idea quietly and privately at home...

it's never too late to create! 


Emmaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment