Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Wednesday, 9 March 2016

playing in the studio...

there are two things in my arty world which make me especially  joyful...one is being alone in my studio to play and create to my heart's content...

free machine embroidering away here on paper and painted lace


the other is when I have a workshop full of inspired happy people getting creative with stitch and fabric, where I get to share my passion for textiles, and where they get to relax and play, away from all of life's usual daily challenges, in the inspiring space of my studio...and we all end up having fun!

My 'Create a Landscape' workshop is very popular and lends itself to all kinds of textile exploration...

 







using dissolvable fabrics and papers is another favourite workshop it is always magical to sew and stitch and then wash away leaving only thread, perhaps with some snippets and fragments of fabrics added in...
  





I love how something magical happens, how pieces of fabric and reels of thread gradually become beautiful creations, each one unique to the maker, as diverse and individual as the people doing the cutting and sewing. Not everyone comes full of confidence, their experience and knowledge vary, but I try to ensure everyone leaves happy and inspired...and I learn all kinds of things too

so if this has whetted your appetite for more...

do check out my workshops on my website

maybe I'll see you in my studio one day soon...

have a wonderful creative week!

Emmaxx


 









2 comments:

  1. there are so many gorgeous surfaces to drool over here Emma...thanks for visiting to, I really appreciate your comment :) Rural Cumbria? Where? I am originally from Barrow in Furness....still visit at least once a month as my family still live there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, so nice to connect with a fellow stitcher! I'm up near Cockermouth, bit of a way from Barrow but it's all Cumbria! :)

      Delete