Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Monday, 21 December 2015

is it really nearly Christmas?

or am I dreaming? did I miss out on September and October when I usually start to think about Christmas, then do that thing where you think "right I've thought about it...now I don't actually need to do anything for ages"... and then suddenly December and it's ALMOST here!?

I love this time of year whatever the weather, I love going for walks and coming back into the warmth of the kitchen or to sit by a stove after a cold blast...I love the big skies, stark hedgerows and simplified 'black' trees, and we've even had a hint of snow 


 
it's been quite a year, lots of challenges and new things to learn, to try and to do; daughter mine did her AS levels and then became a very grown up person as she headed into her final year at school...filling in of UCAS forms and decisions about her future to be made and trips taken to visit Universities up and down the country was our summer holiday...seems a very long time ago now










I've had lots of beautiful moments through the year, many times of deep gratitude for all the good things in my life, not least of which is the gift of creativity and the joy of sharing that with others, either through workshops, talks or exhibitions, with kindred spirits and friends, and I love how textiles and creating is both a practical thing and a way to join people together in the simple pleasure of making...it's a great mind relaxer and a wonderful way to make new friends!

I am allowing myself more freedom in how I work, I am opening up to new ideas and possibilities including more drawing and playing in sketchbooks and find it therapeutic as there is no need for an outcome, I just lose myself in the activity of drawing...



so I look forward to 2016 with open eyes and open heart ready to embrace what comes...ready with a crisp blank new diary to fill with wonderful people and events!

and I wish you all the merriest Christmas dear readers and thank you for being here...

see you in the New year

Emma xx


 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and to you too! may 2016 be a wonderful year for you xx

      Delete