Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Friday, 4 December 2015

almost there...

you can always tell when a show is imminent...studio full of even more creative mess than usual and boxes tipped out and boxed piled up and fabric everywhere and scribbled notes to myself of things to remember to do and to take...


my studio becomes a hotbed of frenzied activity...well usually! Somehow this year because we actually set up on Monday I am feeling pretty relaxed, and I have had time to make and finish some things which were in my head to do in a fairly chilled fashion.


So it's been a real pleasure knowing all is set up to be able to get creative with fabrics and threads for a couple of last minute mini works of art...





and I am really happy with the textures and colours which emerged, it was lovely to play with a small scale (only about 3" square)


 

meanwhile along the road in the next village in a small whitewashed building ...'Take Six' have set up shop in Phil's workspace, normally his haven for wood and willow working, now hoovered and tidied...

open the door and a cornucopia of loveliness awaits our visitors... beautiful willow work by Phil Bradley, hand turned wood bowls from Jonathan Leech, wonderful prints and ceramics by Stephanie Leighton, gorgeous glass by Nikki Clark and textiles stitchery from Sarah Ames and myself...why not come with me inside and take a wee peek...













I love the mix of media, hard surfaces and soft, smooth and textured and the shapes and colours juxtaposed,creations from six individual artists and makers, all skilled and talented, a mix of traditional and contemporary in harmony...

our aim is to show our wares and to Make Christmas Easy!!

I'll see you on the other side! Have a wonderful snuggly December weekend,



Emmaxx















2 comments:

  1. You make me feel soooo much better about my own studio! I thought I was all alone in this world with all these other 'perfect' studios. With all their fabrics and threads in lovely neat boxes and shelves. When I am in the middle of a project I am surrounded on floor, around my sewing machine and every conceivable nook and cranny with potential additions! You look like you are having heaps of fun! And that little gift shop would be a wonderful place to pick up some gorgeous gifts! Pity I live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your description of your creative mess too Julie,I just think it gets madder and madder till you just have to tidy up, and then I quite enjoy that too, and start again! x

    ReplyDelete