Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Friday, 28 August 2015

what we did on our holidays...

I know it's a fab film...have you seen it? terrific acting, Bill Connolly at his wildest and funniest, nothing like some anarchy! anyway compared to that a quiet week in Perthshire may not have been quite so rebellious, but rather more romantic and restful...and a little wild in parts as we were 'home' alone'...daughter mine delivered happily to the middle of the forest at Abernethy for a week as an RSPB volunteer warden, then husband of patience and myself had a wee cottage and freedom for a week! 


a beautiful place to stay, lots to see and do, plenty of delicious food and walks and books to read...and inspiration all around with textures and colours to feed anyone's soul, let alone a camera happy artist...wildlife, wild flowers, standing stones, wild gardens, castles...and a trip to the wonderful theatre at Pitlochry for some culture (a superb version of The Lady in The Van by Alan Bennett) after a fish supper in the park...wildness indeed!











it's lovely where we live but so nice to go away and see the world...then it's much fresher when you return, all relaxed and bushy tailed, ready for more University hunting, house sorting and veg picking...and weeding and clothes washing...oh and some preparation for C-art Open Studios coming soon, must find my studio under the piles of art and textiley stuff...

holiday over, it's all good! 

trust your summer is flowing nicely too...



Emma xx



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete