Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Monday, 20 July 2015

Sunshine and flowers...

but not a beach in sight on a hot sunny day in Blackpool! Stanley Park some of you I'm sure may know, hosts an excellent running track and stadium, and it was there that we found ourselves last Sunday to watch daughter mine doing a brilliant 100m hurdles and a 400m hurdle and 400m relay! All exiting stuff. I love watching all the young people taking a pride in their fitness, skill and ability, all in such a good natured and sporting way no matter who wins, and seeing the months of training in all weathers pay off!

sorry no photos....she moves too fast!

and in between watching I had a lovely time wandering round the park and gardens, even catching a cool band in the bandstand, lots of families out enjoying the weather, ice creams and small children on scooters, (I want one!) boats on the boating lake, all of life was out to enjoy the day. I found quiet corners and even lay on the park bench looking up at blue skies and seagulls...it was as good as a holiday!


and my artist's eye was caught by so many beautiful inspiring shapes, colours and textures in the gardens...














just to prove it really was Blackpool...


and back at home we have 12 ducklings to raise, bought as the cutest day old hatchlings they're now 21/2 weeks old...growing larger by the hour...


we've never had such a large brood before and it's such fun to watch them zoom about, pecking in the grass and then moving as one duck they run to hide from 'dangers'...they're currently out in a large pen, having been in by the Aga for a week and then in my studio for a week as the only place large enough and safe for them! Ahem, I am glad to be back in my creative space, without peepings and strange smells...so that's why there's been no making this week! 

and it's the start of the summer holidays so who knows what's going to happen round here...
 


hope you're enjoying your summer holidays too, rain or shine!



Emma xx



No comments:

Post a Comment