Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 4 July 2015

Art in The Pen

summer days and a rest...this week has been strange as daughter mine has been away for a few days with school looking at potential universities...and I have made the most of this sudden freedom, whilst acknowledging the big change ahead and the emotional responses to that, it has been a rather lovely simple week, with some glorious hot weather and the luxury of just being outdoors, with bare skin!! The garden is floriferous...



I have done as little as possible, recovering from Art in The Pen, and the many months of thought and preparation that went into it. C-art is not yet on the horizon and I decided it was time to let go and just relax. I have tidied little bits here and there, I have gently sorted and hoovered my daughter's bedroom, I have eaten delicious salads in the garden, read a novel, watched day time tv (how shocking!) and generally tried to be as lazy as possible!

it's strange to think that just a couple of weeks ago I was at Art in The Pen...once I was set up I had a wonderful time networking and chatting, and I was delighted to have so much space around my stall, positively luxurious...



there are some talented people out there, working in such a wide variety of media...
 
Jane O'Neill with her Abundant Glass designs...

Keith Shorrocks who makes beautiful wood even more so...



Julie Gibson...stunning designs in glass mosaics


Jan Huntley-Peace...delicate ceramics, jewellery in wire and beads



Helen Russell's fun creations in ceramic and fabric...



Elizabeth Shorrocks always original and delightful in paper and stitch



Diane Jones with her beautful printing, dyeing, devore and stitch...




and in a totally different scale the sculptural work of David Singleton...



Christine Bowron paints in unforgettable joyful colour...


and Bridget Wilkinson's jolly seaside pictures and wee wooden houses caught my eye...



and Wendy Ann Stanger, another lass from the North East, working in a unique way with dried flowers, silk fleece and stitch...




and beautiful floral art from Vivienne Cawson...


and there was of course much more...too much to show and tell...

have a really relaxing weekend...daughter mine is off with her Dad to pick up 12 day old ducklings so I may have some cute photos to share next time!


Emma xx




2 comments:

  1. oh WOW!! What amazing work from amazingly talented people (yourself included!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a happy place to spend time I can tell you, Julia, so many wonderful creations!

      Delete