Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Thursday, 7 May 2015

the joy of colour...

is what we all need after winter...it's been gloriously sunny and bright here, with some welcome rain (ahem also hail!) and a walk along the road shows me how spring is progressing in the hedgerows, there is so much to delight and exite...the combination of bright blue sky against delicate blossom or sharp fresh greens





 the cute little lambs, before they become serious sheep...

 

the strange and exotic looking shapes and colours of flower and leaf buds opening on so-called "common" trees...
 


and I had to include the delicate "Stitch"wort flowers for obvious reasons...


and in my studio creativity seems to be burgeoning too...simple sketching and playing with fabrics and stitching is freeing and opening me up to new directions. Creating samples for classes is  joyful activity as there is no set end point to achieve, it's just a way to show students a taste of the myriad of possibilities...





although one thing can lead to another and there is always the risk that soomething may sidetrack me and lead me astray...




and bowls may emerge...





sorry I haven't been here much of late, having a creative splurge as Art in the Pen looms in Carlisle  June 20th and 21st, so please 'bear with' while I attend to the necessary making...

have a great weekend {I'm off to the lovely Hexham in Northumberland to talk to the Embroiderer's Guild there, looking forward to that!)



Emma xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow...these are amazing Emma! How did you get them concave-shaped? I'm so jealous you are having spring, it's my favourite time of the year. When are in autumn and today is grey and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Julia, a little magic and some perseverence! we have waited a long time it seems for spring and may get warmer weather next week, it can be wet and grey too! enjoy your autumnx

    ReplyDelete