Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Friday, 22 May 2015

Playing hookey...

...a day out away from it all, and the perfect excuse was "work" connected and lunch with a friend thrown in, and I got to drive out to Caldbeck, a tucked away and very special place in the northern Cumbran Fells...on a very fresh (cold!) spring day with glorious sunshine there aren't many better places to be...I always feel happy driving there as you turn off the main road and head into sheep and wildness...



















and of course there's The Wool Clip and Hestascene gallery to visit...



and the church where John Peel the huntsman of the famous song Do ye ken John Peel, is buried,in a most peaceful churchyard...


and some pretty houses, I love the simplicity...



and I followed a wee flock of young sheep, being herded by a lady in a car, she had to keep stopping to get them out of people's gardens...so it was rather entertaining...



and then I realised she was probably not the shepherd when achapon a bicycle appeared with his dog...the dog smartly rounding them up and taking them over the bridge and back to the fellside...



and there is inspiration in these lovely birch trees...






which is slowly coming out in a new piece of work...my embellisher at the ready...








playing with the composition before stitching is always fun..

so you see, playing hookey can have many advantages...you never know what arty textile will result...why not try it yourself very soon!

have a fabulous weekend and may the spring weather be kind and warm so we can all be outdoors...



Emma xx







No comments:

Post a Comment