Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Sudddenly it's spring...


  
and it's time to really get a handle on what I'm doing and where I'm going, after a winter of a slumber-like state it's time to wake up and get organised...I have started already in the house, clearing out the old, getting into 'stuck' corners, getting out the hoover and sorting boxes of 'stuff' and painting a couple of old cupboards...


I have also been clearing my personal energies in various ways - I trust the two go hand in hand - as I move into new ways of doing things, and new ways of being. Spring is such a wonderful time of optomism and change and new life and new energies flowing through everything. 
 


Sunshine and warmth over the Easter weekend means we can open windows and let fresh air permeate the fabric of the house, and we've been outside more too which feels very health giving and life enhancing. Dearly beloved husband of patience has been harvesting willow and renewing fencing...and generally just enjoying himself, and I love the orderlyness and rhythm of what he does, it's so grounded and earthy, as well as beautiful...



Even daughter mine who is currently immersed in AS level revision has sat outside with a cat and Radio 1 for company...how it takes me back to hot weather revision and exams which seem endless at the time! Now I am free of all such weighty things, free to make my life how I desire...and how does it get any better than that? (have you come across Dain Heer of Access Consciousness...if not go Google now and open your mind to infinite possibilities...) 

I have been playing in my sketchbook again, I so love my wax pastels that you can wet and transform, they give a wonderful mix of water colour and texture...and I am getting braver with my colouring in, and not minding about going over the edges...



and I have been creative with fabrics too, and creating a nice messy feel in my studio...


new workshops means new fabrics and new sampling as I plan and play and play and plan...



I love how the embellisher transforms fabrics and surfaces, makes new textures... and how the 'wrong' side is so often more exiting...




turn it over and look what I found...


which led to playing with that some more...
mm I think things are moving in the right direction...and I trust they are for you too!

thanks for being here and reading and being part of all this!


Emma xx





2 comments:

  1. I love a messy studio shot. Makes me feel normal! Looks like you've been enjoying the springtime weather.
    your photographs are beautiful and its great seeing your sketchbook inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he I know, I call it creative mess! thanks so much for leaving a comment, so nice to get feedback x

      Delete