Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Christmas week...

at last it's almost here having been on the horizon just out of sight...suddenly the house is much cleaner and getting tidier as we feel our way into the festivities...eating special food on the day and opening lovely gifts from friends and family and giving thanks for our rich life here in the beautiful Cumbrian countryside...

we saw in the Winter Sostice on Sunday with some dear friends and in a way that is almost the most important celebration as we do it very simply each year and there are no strings or pressures to do any particular thing, just bring food and eat and enjoy each other's company...and light candles to celebrate the return of the sun and longer days...it always feels like a real turning of the year



so making Christmas the same is the aim...homemade cake, puddings and mincemeat made to my Mum's, sister's and Granny's recipes (lots of sherry in the marzipan is her secret!)...there is something special about recipes handed down...though I have to confess that actually all three currently consist mostly of ingredients, so Christmas Eve is going to to be spent cooking and making delicious smells in the kitchen...with cats snoozing in the corner what could be nicer?
 

and all is wrapped..just about, and the crackers are waiting...





and outside the animals still need to be cared for...there is something wonderful about going out on Christmas morning to see if the donkeys are back from helping Santa do his rounds though the village...and getting the chickens, ducks and geese all up and being out in the air and freshness of the day...





and my last making before Christmas? finishing a piece of work inspired by wintry hedgerows which made me very happy...and my making next year is going to be about finishing before starting new...at least that's the plan!




and now that's all folks... at least for now...I wish you all the very best at this season of peace...


Emma xx


2 comments:

  1. Your Winter Berries piece is gorgeous! Enjoy your Christmas and have a creative 2015

    ReplyDelete