Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Tuesday, 30 December 2014

by the sea...

a trip to my beloved Northumberland and the sea...I was brought up on the north east coast and my soul sings when I return, my roots and my family call...and now my daughter desires it too as she loves birdwatching up the coast....here at Druridge Bay on a very cold afternoon as the sunlight danced on the crashing waves...fresh air, lots of layers and then back to my Dad's for hot cups of tea!



 no bare feet today...
 




 



sitting in a hide...so peaceful but not for long as it was sooo cold!





 



what a great way to fill in this strange time between Christmas and New Year...we've had the pleasure of visiting family but now we're quietly at home again and I can start to have a big clear out and fill my new diary with the wonderful things I'm enjoying the planning of...

I just love this time of year,  the Christmas 'push' is over and we are relaxing in the safe zone of no one working or being at school and I am getting my head around a bit of a new look for my website and devising some lovely new workshops...and thinking about all the work I want to get making...

a time of light and bright sunny crisply cold days, brisk walks and toasty fires in the woodburning stoves in the evenings...and the thought of spring as we hear birds singing and the bulbs are coming up...and this crazy primrose flowering in December makes me smile...


have a wonderful in betweenytime...and New Year!



Emma xx

3 comments:

  1. I also love walking by the sea and your photos are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma I wish you and your family a very happy 2015. A nice fresh start, a new page.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much inspiration for you in the photos i do miss the sea. Happy new year. Hope its a creative one

    ReplyDelete