Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 29 November 2014

The Knitting and Stitching Show

is sooo big it can take you till next year's show to get all the way found and then there would still be things you miss!! I have been going to the Harrogate show for the last few years with Husband of Patience and Daughter Mine...he goes round once and then sits with the newspaper in the Grand Theatre conducting the annual Man Count! She is now doing A level Textiles so shares my passion and we just go round and round till we meet ourselves back where we started, and then may do once more for luck, just to return to that special stand...now where was it?!

My navigation this year was amazing, and I came home with head buzzing with bags of inspiration (not saying just how much I spent!)

It is truly a feast, something for everyone, ...the Galleries were just brilliant (again) and my special favourite is the Art Van Go area where you get to see Artists in Action 

here's a little of what caught my eye this year...










 


 

so much to admire, be inspired by, stimulated even shocked by...lots of beautiful work, plenty of visual comments on all aspects of life including some hard hitting political work...great to see that knitting and stitching is not only wonderful craft but also art with passion! A Great BIG Thanks to the Organisers and all who take part.

now where's my 2015 diary, must get the date for next year's show booked in...might see you there!

Have a great weekend (I've got my feet up to recovering!)




Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment