Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Friday, 7 November 2014

it's Friday night and I'm loving...

...being in my studio and back at my sewing machine...

It seems so long since I last blogged from a real working day and today I managed to get myself the studio (it got a BIG tidy up earlier on in the week) and get creating and stitching. I have had some lovely trips away with friends and family and there seems to be loads to tell you about...but just for today I thought I'd do another thing I haven't done for ages...a Friday night gratitude spot!

So it's Friday night and I'm loving...
   
the simple pleasure and inspiration I get from the ecclectic collection of items around the studio...an art card from a dear friend and some curly branches and oak leaves


this beautiful tiny birds nest


a textured soft blue vase against the reddening hue of scrolling twisty autumn leaves


a small pot of shells reminding of summery days by the sea


delicious layers of calico and scrim on brown paper...with simple stitching



 just playing with fabric scraps and shells...
 

the feel and textures of fabrics in my hands...

layering up and creating new surfaces with my needle felting machine


my dear sewing machine for allowing me a little stitching and free machine embroidering with such ease...




being back on my blog...and with each and all of you, my dear readers...I am so grateful for you being here too!

I hope your Friday night is full of things you love...have a wonderful relaxing weekend...

I've got a creative workshop tomorrow...best go and tidy up again!


Emma xx




3 comments:

  1. Now that was an inspiring post! Beautiful, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely textures - and the arrangement in the last photo - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete