Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Saturday, 15 November 2014

front and back...

just playing in my studio with fabrics...making a sample ready for a workshop...I chose some colours...pinnned and stitched down...and look where it went...


with some free machining a landscape appeared ...which seemed to need a moon and a tree...inspiration came from nowhere...
 


and when you turn over the work..I love the back too...so it's like two for the price of one


 

just how much gold stitching to add? when to stop?




I tried scanning the work...it made it strangely flat and the colours changed...it became a different piece somehow, abstracted, rather more moody...


 questions arose...should it be portrait or landscape?
 

what does it look like in a frame?
 
 


I leave you with a happy random autumnal tree in moonlight...
rather magical don't you think?

 
have a magical weekend...



Emma xx

3 comments: