Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Thursday, 10 July 2014

the joy of Woolfest...

well happy 10th birthday Woolfest... me and daughter mine have been happily attending every year since she was six years old...this year she was my 'right hand woman' on my stall!

it was such an honour and pleasure to be selected again, especially as my work has changed so much and this year I was going as 'ME' with my textile art rather than handbags...using lots of felted wool and layered fabrics and stitch, stitch, stitching...and colour...



  
Woolfest is such a rich mix...from the raw wool (still on the sheep!)unspun, unwoven, waiting to be taken in hand and turned into useful and beautiful items...and the talented spinners, weavers, feltmakers, rugmakers, dyers, knitters, crocheters and more...plus makers using other natural fibres...and stalls with all manner of tempting fibres and delightful crafty artefacts...

here are a few who caught my eye...




 







 



what I love about Woolfest is the range of high quality stalls with a real variety of products and you get to meet some great people, and there are always some new stalls as well as old favourites...

for me it's an opportunity to network with other makers...and have fun...and buy some delicous things and be inspired...

and I just love having a stall of my own, because people come to me and we talk and share and I get feedback and meet lots of happy folk... and sell my work which is such a joy!

so I say thank you to the 'Woolclip Women' who organise the whole Woolfest shebang and are already I know planning next year's...and here's so many more!



Emma xx


and what did you buy I hear you ask...?? well for me quite restrained and focussed...yarns (the grey textured linen is from Namolio) and tasty fabrics for making and a wee card from Anne (actually we did a swop!) and a lovely tiny felt vessel from Jenny...






2 comments:

  1. I went to woolfest for the first time this year with a couple of friends and it was WONDERFUL I also loved your work, really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to see your work in person! Absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete