Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Monday, 16 June 2014

a life of pleasure?

ooh yes please!!


Dear friends
I am finding pleasure can come from so many things some little, some large and under the tutorage of Mama Gena I have decided to become a pleasure researcher! find out more here...

So yesterday as my family were off to athletics I headed off for some pleasure...BY MYSELF! Outrageous I know, but as my dear Mother bless her spent her entire life looking after others and doing little for herself I realise that is not the way for me, because by increasing MY pleasure and being happy myself, whatever that means, by reading a book, or eating a little good quality chocolate or listening to some fab music or wearing something that makes me feel good...I fuel myself with Life Force and then I will have so much more to give to others...self love and self care is selfish yes and that is the best way to be for if we first feed love to our selves even more love will spill out to those around us...


so I drove my lovely car (named Miranda! because then every time I get in to drive I smile and relax!) to Penrith and indulged my love of fabrics and bought gorgeous organza and threads, and some lace and delicate material (from charity shops!) for creating beautiful things...


and I wandered round the shops and enjoying the simple sense of freedom with no time limits as the joy of having a 16 year old so I am largely off the mother time constraints...

and then headed to my favourite Larch Cottage nursery for some more pleasure...I have been going there for years for my annual treat...I always buy a little plant or two, but mostly I just enjoy absorbing all the beautful plants set off in the stunning surroundings... carefully designed italienate and slightly crazy 'ruins' abound, imagination and plants running riotously, large and wild, some amazing rare and unusual treasures...inspiring and joyful!
 

 
the gravel filled green zen garden, so peaceful

and pops of colour...




ahh the delicious scent of roses...
 

and these gloriously outrageous peonies...


 and how about this young man loitering in the shrubbery...


and what a pair of beauties...
 

roses to me ARE summer...




there's even a beautifully orderly vegetable garden...



it's seven years just since my Mum passed on and here I have found a the most beautiful scented rose to put in my garden to be 'her' rose..she loved gardening!
 

so I return home refreshed and happy to greet my family and hear of athletic successes...not one but two hurdle races won by my daughter so I am proud indeed! wow!


as I sit in my garden with a cup of tea and look around with new eyes I see all the beauty around me and give thanks...and as ususal there is a cat to show me how to live! just relaxxx...


I hope you have a pleasure filled week, even in small ways as you make food and wash dishes...enjoy!

Emmaxx


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - it's definitely important for everyone's well being to take some time out and think of themselves and their needs for a little while. Can't wait to see what you create with your lovely new fabrics.

    Amy xx

    http://sparklesandteapots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos. I'm glad you enjoyed your first 'pleasure researching' outing. Those fabrics look gorgeous. Great colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete