Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

blue skies and sunlight...

have made such a difference this week, lighter evenings and birdsong...the transition to spring moves on seamlessly, sliding out of winter gloom and into hopefulness...and some pops of colour from the bulbs which always surprise and delight me...




a sprinkling of snow on the tops...it is still cold, but I am determined to be out there as much as possible, (breakfast out in the sun wrapped up is a great start to the day!) even got the garlic planted last week


out in the sunshine lie piles of willow drying: husband of patience has laboured over half term, out in rain and sleet to plant more and to harvest what wasn't replanted...and I just love the colours and textures of the gleaming wet and shiny willow...







and being indoors looking out has been inspiring too, the light is better for sewing and working at my artwork, for choosing fabrics and thread colours, I find it so much easier in good light...
this week I've been working on something new using dissolvable paper and stitch, I even love the holes letting the light through!






must go and get on and see where this is going!

have a creative week...Emmax



1 comment:

  1. I will be watching to see where this goes - looks great!

    ReplyDelete