Hello and a warm welcome to you! Thank you for visiting my blog where I love to share a little of my life and my passion for textiles, I hope you will enjoy what you see and read here...do also visit me on Facebook and say hello...or check out my workshops and come and get creative...

Wednesday, 22 January 2014

from dark mornings...

light comes, creeping slowly up the fields lightening the sky behind the hills... and the day begins. Hard days when the blackness is just turning grey as husband and daughter leave the house for their 'institutions' and I start the day again, alone. The day is mine, so much I would like to do, the choice to sit in the quiet and 'be' for a while...or get on with the dishes or put on the washing or go out and get the chickens up...


I am just loving my new desk, all finished and in a much tidier room... so much so that I have decided it's too nice for 'business'' so that is going to be in the 'office' with all the other paperwork and the computer, and this beauty, which connects me to my Mum and grandmother is for joyful things! pretty things and inspiring...it will be the home for empowerment! Books and affirmations and beautiful things, a focus of calm in a busy, creatively and lovingly messy house where we are making memories!





managed to spend some time in the studio yesterday, and enjoyed some stitching, with some lovely textures but I have to say I don't feel my heart is in there at the moment, apart from to tidy up. It seems there is still more sorting out to do before I can get really back in my creative mode...again like in the house...so I am working from rock not shifting sand! Having made such big changes last year in terms of my work,and who I am as an artist, it seems to be a good idea to clear, and sort and set out my 'stall' in clarity and simplicity.








and outside there is 'new' too, despite some grey wet and cold days  which I like to call tranquil(!)we have had sunshine too and signs of life in the garden, the bright sunny yellow of jasmine...


and joyfully, along the hedgerows, snowdrops! They are truly a sign of spring on the way...


I spent most of last week watching the Hay House webinar, I wonder if anyone else did? There were so many wonderful videos to watch and interviews to listen to, I watched Louise Hay and learnt so much...I'm still rolling along gathering more info and inspiration. It really kick started my NEW year! Thank you to Louise and all at Hay House, it rocked!


off to make tea for daughter mine, happily back from school...have a great week!
Emmaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment